About the SOFTT-W Special Operations Forces Tactical Style Tourniquet
The SOFTT-W style tourniquet is one of the most widely used tourniquet currently used in the military, particularly in special forces and other elite combat units.
This tactical tourniquet is constructed using a number of strong, high-quality materials: a metal buckle, a high-impact plastic tri-ring, a moulded Acetyl and aircraft-grade aluminium.
As it uses a webbing band measuring 1 metre in length and 38mm in width, it can quickly and easily be used on virtually any part of the body.
It continues to see use by the world’s most elite and experienced military forces due to its excellent ability to control sever bleeding, not to mention its ease of use and consistent reliability in the field.
• 100% Effective
• Easy application with a set metal clamp
• Aluminium windlass provides the required strength and durability only metal can offer
• Padded back gives more comfort for the skin
• A true 38mm wide band/strap for increased constricting pressure and patient comfort
• Quick release, snap lock buckle design allows rapid routing of the strap around trapped limbs without re-threading
• A single application method regardless of wound location
Instruction for use:
1. Place the strap around the wounded limb
2. Clip the buckle together and tighten the strap
3. Twist windlass until bleeding is controlled
4. Secure the windlass handle in the triangular ring
5. Seek urgent medical help
1. The windlass is manufactured from T6 grade aluminium and anodized for strength and reliability in extreme conditions.
2. Triangular ring keeps the windlass fixed and secure when patient movement is required.
3. The metal clamp which is anti-rust and with lubricant coating provides more precise strength
and fixation to avoid relaxing the tourniquet during movement.
4. The Tactical Tourniquet can be used in muddy, sandy, wet and snowing conditions.
5. Store tourniquet securely in a pouch
6. Oil buckle occasionally for rust prevention
Specifications of the SOFTT-W Special Operations Forces Tactical Tourniquet
Size (folded): 14cm(L) x 5cm(W)
Size (unfolded): 100cm(L) x 5cm(W)
Weight: 110 grams
The SOFTT-W Special Operations Forces Tactical Tourniquet
is intended for qualified medical professionals trained in the application of a tourniquet.
It is not intended for the general public.
Use only as directed by your EMS authority or under the supervision of a Physician.
Make sure you read and understand the Instructions for Use prior to using this product.
Inappropriate application can result in serious injury or loss of limb.